I found this Pork Wonton Soup recipe in that wonderful Woolworths Fresh magazine. It is very simple and easy to make and very delicious.
I didn't have any bok choy which the original recipe calls for so used broccoli and mushrooms instead.
The wonton wrappers were purchased from a Korean supermarket which was a few blocks away from where I work so easy to get. I couldn't find them in my local supermarket.
Pork Wonton Soup Recipe
200gm pork mince
5 whole chestnuts finely chopped
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 green shallots finely chopped
1 tsp cornflour
24 gow gee wrappers
4 cups chicken stock
4 cups cold water
¼ cup salt-reduced soy sauce
2 tspns sesame oil
4 large mushrooms chopped
¼ broccoli cut into smaller pieces
1. Combine mince, chestnuts, shallots and oyster sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Mix cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water to make a smooth paste.
3. Place three gow gee wonton wrappers on the bench top. Put a teaspoon of pork mixture into the centre of each wrapper, brush edges with cornflour mixture then bring up corners to form a sack and repeat (as above).
4. Pour stock and water into a large deep saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add soy sauce, sesame oil and wontons.
5. Cook for 3 then add broccoli and mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes.
6. Ladle soup into bowls and serve.